What’s your game plan? What’s your 10, 5, 1, and 1 Plan? Are you ready for the rest of the year? Whether you are just starting out or more than half way through the year, summertime is a great time to slow down and look at your business. Here are some great questions to ask:
- Am I on target for my projected earnings this year?
- Are my systems in place to keep me moving forward?
- What kind of growth can I expect in the coming months?
- Are there any holes in my marketing strategy that I need to address?
- Do I have the right people in place to support me?
If you are like me you like to have a plan. You may not always follow that plan or that plan may get bigger and grow over time, but at least there’s a starting point to reference when you get a little lost or overwhelmed. Plans are meant to change from time to time, but they do give us a good foundation to start with.
Take a look at your plan. What is it telling you? Are you on track? Do you know where you are financially? Does your income support your growth, your plan?
One of my favorite exercises is to review my 10, 5, 1, and 1 plan. If you don’t have one of those, here it is in simple terms.
- Where do you want to be in 10 years? What’s your vision? Find a quiet place to sit and just let your mind wander about your business. What does it look like physically and financially? What kind of growth do you see? Are you experiencing six or seven figure income? What does that look like? What will you do with that income?
- Now that you have your 10 year vision, what’s your 5 year vision? What will you need to do in five years to get you closer to your ten?
- How about 1 year? What do you need to do in the next year to move you toward that five year vision?
- How about 1 month?
Yes, it’s about breaking it down to bite size chunks. Whether you are looking at the financial or the physical growth of your business. Knowing where you want to go and having a plan to get there takes your plan from a dream to reality.
If you need help with your business strategy and planning your vision 30 Second Success can help. We offer business strategy sessions to help you create a plan and the next steps to get there. Schedule a session today.