This month we have been talking about your networking plan for 2019 with a focus on networking with intention, integrity, inspiration, and initiative. Last week we discussed viewing your networking from the perspective of being an inspiration and the changes you might want to consider to improve your networking in 2019. This week we are discussing networking initiative.
Be sure to follow along this month by registering for our weekly newsletter and joining us Live In 30! on our Facebook Business Page every Thursday at 12:30pm (please take note of the time change – grab your lunch and join in) when we take a closer look at our weekly topic and answer your questions.
Remember initiative means the ability to assess and initiate things independently. This is what we want to encourage you to do on a regular basis when it comes to your networking plan. Schedule time to assess your results quarterly or bi-annually. I do this in the spring and in the fall as these are times of the year when groups experience the most change. Make it a habit to know what you expect from your network and what you are committed to giving to your network.
Here are some expectations to consider:
- Are these my ideal clients?
- Do they serve my ideal clients?
- Are they welcoming?
- Are they willing to make introductions for me?
- Are they showing up?
- Are they doing what they say they will do?
- Can I count on them for business advice and support?
Here are some contributions to consider:
- Am I willing and able to commit to regular meetings?
- Can I be a little early and stay a little later?
- Do I have the personality it takes to make people feel welcome?
- Will I have or am I willing to make the time to follow up?
- Am I comfortable making introductions?
- Am I willing to share my network and my clients?
Are you willing to take the initiative to assess your networking, accept responsibility when it is yours, and to initiate necessary changes when the need arises? Your network will serve you well when you approach it from a perspective of serving others. By taking the initiative to ensure that you are always connecting with the right group and exhibiting a willingness to help and encourage others, you position yourself as someone others want to know and help.
Take the initiate to implement the changes necessary to make deeper connections with your network.
- Spend time with them.
- Add 30 minutes extra before and after your meeting for networking.
- Learn their names and use them!
- Invite people to meet for coffee or to join you at another networking event.
- Send articles that might be of interest to them for business and personal interests.
- Make introductions and tell them why.
You are responsible for your own success. Knowing your networking and trusting the process when it comes to assessing and initiating necessary changes will help you grow your business. Set yourself up for networking success with scheduled evaluations that help you understand your network and identify the changes necessary, initiate those changes and keep going!
At 30 Second Success we help business owners, professionals, and sales teams with business and networking strategy and crafting your brand message that connects with your audience on drives more business to your door. If you’re struggling to find the words that describe your brand and want to make better connections, schedule a call today.